Uluberia College Library holds more than 40 thousands books in its collections. We maintain Open Access in our library which is partially automated with Koha, the Library Management Software. Besides circulating books to the students, teachers and non-teaching staff of our college, we provide Book Bank facility to our the students belonging to poorer section of the society. Apart from text books, we provide story books to the students for their leisure time reading. All the users can browse our Online Catalogue (WEBOPAC) 24X7 beyond the college campus. We organise film shows on regular basis to motivate the students. We celebrate Library Day on 20th December every year. In addition to this, we organise Book Exhibition. We encourage reading to our students and teachers by providing them Best Reader Award every year. Apart from newspapers, magazines, journals, we try to encourage our students to be digitally sound by providing online links of different databases, newspapers in our Online Catalogue. We orient our students about the resources available in the library by conducting Orientation Programmes such as demonstration of our Online Catalogue from their very first day in the college.
1) Dr. Debasish Pal (Chairman)
2) Duranta Mistri (Jt. Convenor)
3) Tanushree Rakshit (Jt. Convenor)
4) Dr. Aditi Bhattacharya
5) Dr. Siddhartha Sankar Bhattacharya
6) Dr. Nikhil Chandra Halder
7) Dr. Chandra Das
8) Dr. Shyamal Sarkar
9) Dr. Basanti Bhattacharya
10) Dalia Hazra
11) Swati Sarkar
12) Kamalesh Das
13) Dr. Sibsankar Das
14) Sri Dipak Kr. Nath
15) Goutam Kr. Biswas
16) Shantanu Dutta
17) Batakrishna Singha
18) One representative from Student’s Union
1. 24x7 access of online library catalogue (WEBOPAC) for remote access
2. Book Bank facility for economically weaker students
3. Reading and Photocopy facilities of library collections to the ex-students
4. Purchase Suggestions through Library Management Software Koha
5. Book Reserve System through Library Management Software Koha
6. Students and teachers can read and borrow the collections (books, journals, CDs, DVDs etc.) and can take part in different activities like Film Shows, discussions in two eminent libraries i.e. British Council Library and The American Library of American Centre through Institutional Membership
Students can borrow 2 books at a time period of 15 days.
Students can renew their borrowings if they appear within the due date to the Library.
A student can renew his/her collection upto maximum 2 times if the collection is not in demand by others.
Teaching staffs (Teachers who are in substantive post, CWTT, PTT, Librarian, GLI) can borrow 5 books at a time for a period of 90 days. Guest Teachers can borrow 3 books at a time for a period of 30 days.
Non-Teaching staffs can borrow 3 books at a time for aperiod of 30 days.
An over due charge of 50 paise will be levied for each day this book is kept over time.
Books lost, defaced in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrowers.